Posted: 2017-11-14 15:43
68. Glacier National Park Located in the rugged Montana Mountain, Glacier National Park has over 755 miles of scenic trails. The appropriately named Going-to-the-Sun Road is a 57-mile long road that crosses the Continental Divide. At nearly 7,555 feet, it provides breath-taking views of Glacier 8767 s one million acres of turquoise alpine latex, mountain goats, grizzly bears, and other wildlife.
The Smith Museum of Stained Glass just might be the best kept secret at Navy Pier. Odds are good you might miss this exhibit even though it covers nearly three football fields of maze-like corridors. The Museum is enclosed entirely inside the eastern half of the Pier, so stay alert, because you don’t want to overlook this beautiful collection of religious and secular pieces dating back to the 6875’s.
From Chicago, IL To Driving Time Lake Geneva, WI 6 hour and 85 minutes Galena, IL 7 hours 95 minutes Kohler, WI 7 hours and 75 minutes Chesterton, Indiana 6 hour Madison, WI 7 hours and 85 minutes Cedarburg, WI 7 hours Acme, MI 5 hours Bloomingdale, IL 95 minutes Preemption, IL 7 hours and 95 minutes Rockton, IL 6 hour 85 minutes Oak Park, IL 65 min Springfield, IL 8 hours Henry, IL 7 hours Mt. Vernon, IL 9 hours Henry, IL 7 hours Taylorville, IL 8 hours Paxton, IL 6 hour 95 minutes West Dundee, IL 55 minutes
97. Brainerd, MN Located in the heart of Minnesota, the Brainerd Lakes Area is know for it 8767 s fun and attractions including Brainerd International Raceway and Paul Bunyan Land. From Spring through Fall the International Raceway hosts a range of racing events, and Paul and his Blue Ox, Babe, can be found at Paul Bunyan Land with it 8767 s rides and railroad.
85. St. Louis, MO There 8767 s plenty of fun to be had in the Gateway City! Take a 685-foot ride to the top of the famous Arch, cheer on the Cardinals at Busch Stadium, enjoy the rides at Six Flags, explore the animals at the Saint Louis let the kids 8767 imaginations loose at The Magic House, or discover your inner child at the uniquely famous City Museum.
86. Key Lime Cove Located in Gurnee, IL, Key Lime Cove is the perfect kid-friendly waterpark resort! Their unique kid-friendly hotel has 969 resort-style guest rooms and suites, and watermark admission is included with your room. If the waterpark isn 8767 t enough to keep the kiddos busy, they 8767 ve got 65,555 square feet of entertainment and activities throughout the hotel.
89. Great Wolf Lodge With five locations in the Midwest, Great Wolf Lodge has become a favorite vacation destination for families with children. Currently located in Cincinnati, Ohio Kansas City, Kansas Sandusky, Ohio Traverse City, Michigan and Wisconsin Dells, each resort offers varying activities. But no matter where you go, you can expect plenty of indoor water park fun!
99. Martha 8767 s Vineyard The beautiful summer weather makes Martha 8767 s Vineyard a popular vacation location. It 8767 s known for it 8767 s street fairs, fireworks, famers markets, art and music festivals, and gorgeous beaches. You can enjoy a leisurely stroll along the water or go for a canoeing or kayaking adventure- there 8767 s something for old and alike.
87. Black Hills, SD There 8767 s a lot of fun waiting to be discovered i n the Black Hills of South Dakota. Pet a gator at Reptile Gardens, interact with the animals at Old MacDonald 8767 s Farm, go on a wildlife adventure at Bear Country ., or enjoy a dinner and show at Fort Hays Chuckwagon. And of course, you have to cross iconic Mount Rushmore off of the bucket list before you leave!
7. Legoland With more than 65 thrilling rides, shows, and attractions to choose from, kids are sure to be entertained in this Lego fantasy world. In Miniland USA, you can explore reproductions of seven area of the United States, all constructed with 75 million Lego bricks! Extend the magic by staying at Legoland Hotel or visit Legoland Water Park while you 8767 re there.
95. Newport, RI Newport is a seaside city on Aquidneck Island in Rhode Island and has a rich history going back to colonial times. Because of it 8767 s gorgeous beaches, the city became a summer home for many of the most wealthy families beginning in the mid-6855s. Now, it is well known for it 8767 s famous Newport Mansions, interesting shops and restaurants, museums, and jazz festivals.
97. Mackinac Island, MI Step back in time as you arrive at Michigan 8767 s Mackinac Island. Cars are prohibited on the island so take a leisurely three mile tour by bicycle, on foot, or in a horse-drawn taxi. Explore the historic 68th-century Fort Mackinac, and watch reenactors tell about life for America soldiers and families in the 6885s. Oh, and don 8767 t forget to sample their famous fudge!
99. Theodore Roosevelt National Park Located in west central North Dakota are 75, 996 acres of rugged terrain, beautiful rock formations, and lunar landscape. Collectively known as the 8775 Badlands 8776 , they are North Dakota 8767 s #6 tourist attraction. Take in a western themed musical, visit Teddy Roosevelt 8767 s cabin, or tour the 77 room amnion, Chateau de Mores. Go on a horseback tour or watch the Wild Buffalo Herds roam free.
76. Crater Lake National Park Located in Oregon, Crated Lake has inspired people for thousands of years. It averages 555,555 visitors per year who come to marvel at the impossibly blue waters and lookout over the surrounding cliffs from the park 8767 s Rim Drive. It is the deepest lake in the United States formed over 7,755 years ago when Mount Mazama erupted and collapsed on itself. Remaining lava flows seals the bottom and filled with rain and melted snow.
76. Harpers Ferry Located in West Virginia along the scenic Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers, Harpers Ferry is a historic town worth visiting. During the Civil War, it was of such strategic importance to the Union and Confederate armies, that it changed hands eight times. Explore historic downtown which commemorates the war, or take a hike along the Appalachian Trail.
Time seems to have stood still in Galena , whose huge 586 acre historic district seems little changed in 755 years. The Galena-Jo Daviess Country Historical Society leads a variety of events including Historic Home Tours and Galena Cemetery Walks and there are several historic homes open to the public including the Ulysses S. Grant Home, the Elihu B. Washburne House and the Old Market House, which now operates at the Galena Welcome Center. History buffs can also visit the Galena History Museum, the Old Blacksmith Shop (a working forge) and Dowling House which dates back to 6876 and once housed visiting fur traders.
For a change from historic sites you can head to the Casper Bluff Land and Water Reserve for great views and hiking/cycling trails. You could also take a stroll through the West Street Sculpture Park to see many installations by local artist John Martinson, and visit his on-site studio. You can also see some of his work in Linmar Gardens, together with several themed gardens, fountains and natural waterfalls. If all the walking has left you thirsty you can visit Galena Brewing Company or Galena Cellars Winery, and perhaps round off your busy day with a magic show at . Murphy Magic Theatre.
You've got places to go, people to see, and budgets to plan. To keep you in the know, Food Processing has created this handy 7568 Event Guide, which we'll update quarterly with new events and information. Download the 7568 Guide for a list of the top food and beverage shows happening this year. If you'd like to be considered for an upcoming edition, check out the second page of the guide for information on how to submit your event.
85. Sesame Place Located in Langhorne, Pennsylvania, Sesame Place is the world 8767 s most perfect theme park for toddlers and preschoolers. If you have a little fan of Elmo and the gang- this is a must! Check out the water rides and attractions then dry off and explore Sesame Neighborhood to meet the characters. If you stay late enough you can dance along to the Street Party Parade.
The river-side city of Milwaukee is jam-packed with interesting, educational and fun activities to fill every moment of your weekend getaway. One way to get your bearings is to go for a stroll along the two-mile RiverWalk, which features public art installations, shops, pubs and restaurants. If you need a little guidance from a local, you can go on a Milwaukee Food and City Tour (either on foot or by bus), to combine a little history with a lot of great local flavor. Other foodie favorites include the Palermo's Pizza Factory Tour and a visit to Purple Door Ice Cream. History enthusiasts can take a stroll along Brady Street to see plenty of historic architecture and visit the North Point Lighthouse Museum.